Careers at Thunder Bay
Process Control Engineer
Careers at Thunder Bay Process Control Engineer
Thunder Bay Pulp & Paper is a leading northern bleached softwood kraft and northern bleached hardwood kraft pulp, paper, newsprint and directory producer. Located on Lake Superior, the Thunder Bay mill has been a landmark company of northwestern Ontario since 1924. In August 2023, Atlas Holdings established Thunder Bay Pulp & Paper as an independent pulp and paper operation, joining Atlas’ global family of manufacturing and distribution businesses.
We are looking for a process control engineer to join our team. As a member of the production team, you are responsible for technical oversight of the control systems within the production facilities. You are the subject matter expert related to control systems and will troubleshoot issues with instrumentation technicians, operators and engineers as required. In addition, you will investigate events, create reports, and carry out corrective actions. Candidates must have at a chemical engineering degree.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to legislated and Company standards for safety, control, and housekeeping,
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with established Company standards, policies, legislative requirements, and collective agreement provisions through regular safety crew meetings, general discussion, and individual communications,
- Candidates should have knowledge of continuous process operations and have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role,
- You will be part of a team that will strive to optimize performance including chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping and environmental controls,
- Develop process improvements that lead to cost reductions and improved efficiency,
- Candidates should have strong leadership, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills,
- Candidates should have strong computer skills including experience with MS Office.
- This is a salary position plus an annual bonus and relocation assistance,
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and medical benefits along with vacation and pension plan.
Thunder Bay Pulp and Paper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and work environment. We accommodate the needs of individuals under theOntario Human Rights Codeand theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)in all steps of the recruitment process. Please advise Human Resources of any accessibility needs. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.