Careers at Thunder Bay
Careers at Thunder Bay Procurement Superintendent
Thunder Bay Pulp & Paper is a leading northern bleached softwood kraft and northern bleached hardwood kraft pulp, paper, newsprint and directory producer. Located on Lake Superior, the Thunder Bay mill has been a landmark company of northwestern Ontario since 1924. In August 2023, Atlas Holdings established Thunder Bay Pulp & Paper as an independent pulp and paper operation, joining Atlas’ global family of manufacturing and distribution businesses.
We are looking for a procurement superintendent to join our team. This individual will be accountable for the procurement of materials and services for the Thunder Bay Operation. Candidates should have a diploma or degree in business administration and a Certified Professional Purchaser certificate would be an asset.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to legislated and Company standards for safety, control, and housekeeping,
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with established Company standards, policies, legislative requirements, and collective agreement provisions through regular safety crew meetings, general discussion, and individual communications,
- Negotiate and implement a variety of contracts with various vendors,
- Maintain insurance profiles and vendor master data files, process purchase orders, prepare bid documents and tenders as well as bid quote summaries,
- Prepare bid justification documents and extract and analyze data to maintain an efficient and cost-effective procurement system,
- Candidates should have at least 3 years of purchasing experience,
- Candidates should have strong leadership, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills,
- Candidates should have strong computer skills including experience with MS Office.
- This is a salary position plus an annual bonus and relocation assistance,
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and medical benefits along with vacation and pension plan.
Thunder Bay Pulp and Paper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and work environment. We accommodate the needs of individuals under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) in all steps of the recruitment process. Please advise Human Resources of any accessibility needs. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.